Monday 22 April 2013

My Favorite - Banana curry (Kele ki sabji)

Oh Yes, I am an epicure !!  Though I am not a very good Cook , but I manage to prepare dishes I like.
Banana curry (kele ki sabji) is one of the dishes that I like. Fortunately It is very easy to prepare  :)
This is a delicious sweet and sour dish, and only takes few minutes to prepare. [Fast to cook , Good to Eat :p ]


To prepare this delicious dish you will need:

  • 3 ripe bananas peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick.
  • 3 tablespoon oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeere)
  • 1/4 teaspoon Dhana jeera powder
  • Pinch of turmeric (haldi)
  • 1 teaspoon Suger
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
  • Approx. 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
  • 1/2 Glass water

Easy steps to prepare this dish :
  1. Heat the oil in a sauce pan on medium high. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready.
  2. Add bananas , add water  now stir gently and cook only for a minute, don’t overcook otherwise banana will become mushy and watery.
    set Heat to low
  3. Quickly add Add pinch of turmeric, 1/2 t-spoon red chilly powder (actually this depends on test, I like a bit spicy dish),  1/4 teaspoon Dhana jeera powder,1 teaspoon sugar, salt (adjust to test).
  4. stir gently again, add chopped cilantro.


Done... !! you can searve this dish with Roti, paratha or Naan.

I will add photo of dish prepared by me soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment